Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blog for the Block Day and Friday!


Alright everyone - read carefully!!  I've made the decision that I am going to allow you to continue using the cameras today (block) day but I am not particularly pleased with the past two days.  Yesterday in 3rd period a few students were reported as going into a classroom taking pictures - as you can imagine I am not happy about that.  In 2nd period on Tuesday the following was very disappointing:

  • Students didn’t return in time to upload photos - you need to be back in class with a minimum of 10 minutes to upload your photos and put your cameras away neatly.
  • One student left their memory card in the computer - your SD card always needs to be placed back in your camera before returning it to the closet
  • One camera was left on desk - that is not a safe place for a $1,000 piece of equipment!!  
  • Lens caps were left off while not shooting images.
  • Some students students were not using the class time well to complete assignments.  Photos, Blog and Photoshop Assignment are due Friday by the end of class.
  • Lastly, my personal materials brought to class for you to photograph were left scattered around room for me to clean up.
I hope you can understand why this would be upsetting for me, especially when I am trusting you with valuable equipment AND to represent the program well when out of class.  I expect that each of you have read the above and will respect these expectations today - especially with Ms. Solomon here in my place while I am at SAP.  My only reason for allowing cameras out today is because I don't want to penalize those of you who respected and followed the instructions and who waited patiently Tuesday for your turn to take the cameras out.

Please work well today, use the instructions and tutorial videos posted in Schoology and don't forget to respond to the blog (thoroughly) with the required images!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment